With the effort of staff from the Estates Management Office and the Security & Transport Office, the campus has resumed normal operation at the earliest possible opportunity after the super typhoon Mangkhut. However, Mangkhut has caused damage to various locations at CUHK campus. There’s still a lot to do to restore our campus. In view of this, Chung Chi College, the College Alumni Association and Student Union will jointly organize the event “Join Hands to Clean our Campus” on October 13, 2018 (Saturday). We hope to recruit about 100 students, teachers and alumni to join us together to help clean up the campus, and contribute to the first step of the subsequent large-scale restoration work. Details are as below:
Date: October 13, 2018 (Saturday)
Time: 2:00-5:30 pm
Gather Point: Piazza outside Pommerenke Student Centre, Chung Chi College, CUHK
Event Details: Clean up fallen leaves and branches in designated areas in Lake Ad Excellentiam, near Chung Chi Tang and student hostels.
1. For safety reasons, all participants must be aged 12 or above.
2. Participants will be divided into teams to help on the cleanup works in different zones.
3. Tools such as cotton gloves, brooms & dustpans, plastic garbage bags and etc. will be provided.
4. Participants should put on comfortable and long-sleeve sportswear and sport shoes. People with sandals, flip flops and high heels are not allowed to join.
5. Participants should prepare their own mosquito repellent, sunscreen and water.
6. All participants will be covered by event accident insurance. During the event, participants should pay attention to their own physical fitness and strength and avoid over-exhausted.
7. In the event of bad weather, contingency plan will be announced via email. When the Tropical Cyclone Warning Signal No. 3 or above; or Rainstorm Warning is issued and is still in force/ forecasted to be issued at 12:00noon, the event will be cancelled.
(Please register in advance for insurance arrangements.)
Deadline: 12:00noon, October 10, 2018 (Wednesday)