1. Assembly is conducted from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.. Students should not register for other courses at the above time, and violation of it will be directed to the Registration and Examinations Section of the University Registry for follow-up.
2. There are 13 Assemblies in this term, and they are divided into 2 parts (Part A: 1st to 7th Assemblies and Part B: 8th to 13th Assemblies). Students are required to fulfill the laid down attendance requirement as set below. Students who fail to fulfill the attendance requirement will be given a fail grade (FF) for the GECC1000/1000A course.
Summary of the above-mentioned requirements are as follows:-
"Chung Chi College Chapel"
|Live Broadcast Venue:
"Divinity School Chapel,G/F, President Chi-tung Yung Memorial Building” (Divinity School Chapel)
(1st to 7th Assemblies)
|TWO assemblies required|
(8th to 13th Assemblies)
|TWO assemblies required|
|TOTAL: Attend FOUR Assemblies
(**Students should register and join at least ONE assembly out of the four sessions at “Chung Chi College Chapel” main venue)
3. Students must register for the assembly sessions via the “Registration and Attendance System (RAS)” at http://cuhk.edu.hk/ras . Students may also change their registered Assembly session(s) through this online platform before the deadlines specified below. Registration of assemblies in the First Term starts from 1st September, 2023. Details are as follows:-
|Registration arrangement of the assemblies in the First Term:
[You have to register for 4 assemblies. Please refer to Point 2 again to make sure you understand the requirement.]
a. CUHK RAS System: www.cuhk.edu.hk/ras
b. Login with the “CUHK email and OnePass password”
c. Choose: CC College Assemblies (Part A) -> Register for TWO Assemblies
d. Then choose: CC College Assemblies (Part B) -> Register for the other TWO Assemblies
|Date of Registration||From 1st September, 2023, Friday (For students of all years)|
|Time of Registration||Starts from 10:00 a.m. on a first-come-first-served basis|
|Assembly Add/ Drop Period||Anytime during the term period, until the Thursday of the corresponding Assembly by 1:00 p.m.|
4. There will be NO “Walk-in” arrangement in this term. Students who show up at the assembly venues without any advanced online registration will NOT be allowed to enter the venue.
5. Students should be aware of the following points when they attend the Assemblies:
6. Both English and Putonghua simultaneous interpretation services would be available. Students who need such service can collect a receiver or get the information to get access to the service at the entrance of the venues.
7. Assembly is an integral part of College General Education and a solemn occasion of the College. During the Assembly, students should pay respect to the guest speakers and other attendees. Disciplinary actions may be taken against students who interrupt the guest speaker on site, and/or the live broadcast, or perform any other disrespectful acts during the Assembly. The College Assemblies Committee would consider penalizing the students concerned by not recognizing their attendance of that particular assembly, or even by giving a fail grade (FF) for the “GECC1000/1000A College Assembly” of that term. The case would also be followed up by College Student Discipline Committee.
8. Students may check his/her record of attendance by logging into the “Chung Chi Online Systems”: www.cuhk.edu.hk/ccc/assembly-attendance-system, on which record of attendance should have been uploaded within seven days after the Assembly. Any rectification request should be addressed to the Assemblies Committee via the Chaplain’s Office within 1 month in writing, beyond which the request will not be entertained.
9. Other than the regular Friday Assemblies, the College also organizes “Alternative Activities to Assembly” (AAA). The College accepts the completion of at most ONE recognized “AAA” each term as equivalent to an attendance record of College Assemblies, either in the Part A or the Part B of the same term. Students can refer to the details of “AAA” and make registration through the CUHK RAS System. Prior registration is required due to limited quota.
10. Students who need any special support are encouraged to contact Ms. Clare Tsang of the Chaplain’s Office via email (email@example.com).
Thank you for your kind attention!
Remarks: The Chinese version of these Rules and Regulations shall prevail wherever any discrepancies between Chinese and English versions.
Chung Chi College
25th August, 2023