Applications for Exemptions or Allowances in College Assemblies for Reasons of Major Study Practicum or Other Study Requirements
(valid for the First Term of academic year 2023/24)
- Chung Chi students are required to attend College Assemblies in all the terms throughout their entire period of study (except those on suspension or granted an exemption based on paragraph 2, 3-A, or 4 below). Assemblies are pre-assigned as a non-credit-bearing course GECC1000 "College Assembly" on the CUSIS timetable.
- Students undertaking clinical practice or clinical studies for a whole term as a compulsory requirement of their major studies can be exempted from GECC1000 in that particular term.
- For students undertaking teaching practice, fieldwork placement or professional examinations as a compulsory requirement of their major studies during part of a term, the exemption principle is as follows:
Applications arising from 3-A and 3-B above must be made to the College GE Office no later than the close of the course add/drop period of the term concerned, and accompanied by supporting documents issued by the student's major programme as proof on the exact dates of the off-campus engagement involved.
- If the official duration of such off-campus engagement takes up 7 weeks or more during the University's teaching weeks, the students concerned can be exempted from the whole course of GECC1000 in that particular term.
- If the official duration of such off-campus engagement takes up more than 3 weeks but less than 7 weeks of the University's teaching weeks, the students concerned will have their Assembly attendance requirement under GECC1000 reduced from 4 times to 2 times regardless in Part A or Part B.
- If the official duration of such off-campus engagement takes up 3 weeks or less, no exemption will be given. The Assembly attendance requirement under GECC1000 remains 4 times.
- Any students taking less than 9 units in a term can apply for exemption from GECC1000 in that particular term. Applications should be submitted on a "Course Add/Drop Form for Undergraduate Course" handed in to the College GE Office within the add/drop period and supported with the applicant's CUSIS timetable listing all courses and the total number of units enrolled.
- Application link: https://cloud.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk/webform/view.php?id=13671207
Enquiries: Chung Chi College GE Office – firstname.lastname@example.org / 3943-6445 / 3943-6190